Major Malfunction!

If you come upon a post and wonder why there's a weird black box with an exclamation mark in it, you may want to read this post to find out what has gone wrong. Still trying to figure out how to fix it all, without having to do each post manually. Until then, the black boxes remain. I thank you for your understanding. If you know someone that can help me, PLEASE send them my way!

Monday, February 16, 2009

Day 2: Love is Kind


The Dare:

In addition to saying nothing negative to your spouse again today, do at least one unexpected gesture as an act of kindness. The Question: What discoveries about love did you make today? What specifically did you do in this dare? How did you show kindness?

The Question:

What discoveries about love did you make today? What specifically did you do in this dare? How did you show kindness?

My Thoughts:

Today was a bit more difficult than yesterday. I felt like I had to bite my tongue a lot. When he would say something that I would normally give a sarcastic response to, I felt like I couldn't say anything. And now I'm wondering how I can still respond to him without feeling like I'm doing everything for him. He keeps saying that because I'm not working that my "job" is to be his secretary. But even if I had been working, I would still be his "secretary". It's irritating and I feel like because I'm not responding to him, I'm going to be walked all over even more than I felt I was before I started this journey.

As my act of kindness towards him, I filled out all of his paperwork for his doctors appointments today and another that is coming up. I would normally leave it for him to do. Of course, there were things on the paperwork that I couldn't fill out so I did leave that for him, but I filled it all out to the best of my ability without saying anything, even though I really wanted to.

He also asked me if I was going to make dinner and instead of saying no or something else, I told him that it was a high probability and I did. Without complaining about having to feed his face. (I don't like being expected to do things. I'm much more willing when it's my idea. I should probably work on that. lol)

Love is not always easy. Because I love Kyle, I do things for him, even when I don't want to.

3 comments:

  1. It's hard to hold our tongue's isn't it? I too would rather do something because it's MY idea, and not because someone expected me too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan you sound a lot like me. I don't want to be walked on. But maybe it's the way we take it. I don't know, I need to work on that also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I know how tough it gets sometimes. I can be very stubborn and refused to wash any of his clothes for awhile because he wouldn't hang them up LOL. I obviously changed that and eventually he noticed and thanked me and that made it all worth it. I hope he notices you are doing this for him and expresses his gratitude.

    ReplyDelete