Major Malfunction!

If you come upon a post and wonder why there's a weird black box with an exclamation mark in it, you may want to read this post to find out what has gone wrong. Still trying to figure out how to fix it all, without having to do each post manually. Until then, the black boxes remain. I thank you for your understanding. If you know someone that can help me, PLEASE send them my way!

Friday, February 20, 2009

Day 4: Love is Thoughtful


The Dare:

Contact your spouse sometime during the business of the day. have no agenda other than asking how he or she is doing and if there is anything you could do for them.


The Questions:


What did you learn about yourself or your spouse by doing this today? How could this become a more natural, routine, and genuinely helpful part of your lifestyle?


My Thoughts:


I decided to do this for a couple days since the first day I didn't really get an opportunity. I had asked him if there was anything he needed while I was out, but he said no. So over the past couple days, whenever I've talked to him on the phone, I've asked him if there is anything he needed me to do or whatnot. The first couple times I asked he said no. Then I didn't have to ask him. He asked me yesterday if I could help him with a couple work things so I said yes, with no complaint at all. And the thing is, it's not entirely unusual for me to ask him these things, but usually I'll ask him begrudgingly. But when I've posed the question over the last couple days I'm doing it with a happy heart. I'm happy to do something for him. It makes me feel good to be needed. So I've sent a couple work emails for him and I've picked up some treats that he's requested and I've made dinner, when I didn't want to.

The picture that is at the top of Day 3, I took a similar one and put it as the background picture on the computer. It's the first time I've changed the picture in probably a good four years. Sad, huh? LOL He hasn't said anything about it, which I'm not surprised, but at the same time, I am a little. It's our wedding rings and I would think that he may be at least a little curious as to why I took the picture in the first place (and it was just for Day 3's post, lol).

I think because I've been holding my tongue a bit (and really, it hasn't been too hard lately since I haven't seen him *that* much, since he's been working late) he seems a bit calmer. He's pretty laid back as it is, but I don't know. The past couple days have been relaxed.

1 comment:

  1. I kind of did the same, couple of days for this one. I was subbing 3 days this week and I don't really have the time while I'm with kids to do that.
    Great job!

    ReplyDelete