Major Malfunction!

If you come upon a post and wonder why there's a weird black box with an exclamation mark in it, you may want to read this post to find out what has gone wrong. Still trying to figure out how to fix it all, without having to do each post manually. Until then, the black boxes remain. I thank you for your understanding. If you know someone that can help me, PLEASE send them my way!

Friday, February 13, 2009

Taking The Plunge

I've decided to be a part of this Love Dare.

Kyle and I have a good marriage. We just celebrated 7 years. Go us! There are always things that can be improved though and because I want us to last a lifetime, I'm willing to put forth the effort to do so.

There have been things that I wish were different. Things like us being more loving towards each other. Not that we're mean, but we both say and do things at times that I wish were more respectful of each other.

I know he loves me, but sometimes some of the things he says or does, hurts. I'm sure it's the same for him as well.

I'm hoping that by doing this 40 day dare that it will bring back some of the more loving and respectful feelings. It will be interesting because I'm pretty stubborn and stuck in my ways. I'm praying for an open mind and an open heart. I'm also wondering if he'll even notice if things are a bit different. He's not dumb by any stretch of the imagination but he's also not always very observant. I'm interested to see if the changes that are bound to happen in me, are noticed.

I just purchased the book today and I've only read the Forward so tomorrow, February 14th, Valentine's Day, will be Day 1 and I will read what I'm to do, first thing tomorrow morning. I'll likely make my first post about this on the 15th. Should be fun!

Let everyone that is doing this be blessed beyond measure!

3 comments:

  1. Good Luck! I'm looking forward to hearing (or seeing, I guess) all about this journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just found your main blog from mckmama's comments on her "not me" post... then saw your love dare button. my husband and i just watched the movie this wkend... and i am going to get the love dare book today hopefully! i am so glad i found your page, so i have blog buddies to do this with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by from SITS! I started The Love Dare a few days ago! I saw the movie and I really enjoyed it and I am liking the dare even though it isn't always easy! I look forward to following it on your blog

    ReplyDelete