Major Malfunction!

If you come upon a post and wonder why there's a weird black box with an exclamation mark in it, you may want to read this post to find out what has gone wrong. Still trying to figure out how to fix it all, without having to do each post manually. Until then, the black boxes remain. I thank you for your understanding. If you know someone that can help me, PLEASE send them my way!

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Day 1: Love is Patient


The Dare:

The first part of this dare is fairly simple. Although love is communicated in a number of ways, our words often reflect the conditions on our heart. For the next day, resolve to demonstrate patience and to say nothing negative to your spouse at all. If the temptation arises, choose not to say anything. It's better to hold your tongue than to say something you'll regret.

The Question:

Did anything happen today to cause anger toward your mate? Were you tempted to think disapproving thoughts and to let them come out in words?

My Thoughts:

I worked all day so we didn't see each other very much. When I got home, I was really tired. I didn't have to cook dinner since Kyle had eaten leftovers so I made cupcakes. He thought I was crazy, but I know he was happy I did because he loves cake.

He's not been feeling well and he slept almost the whole day, which is good. He was watching some dumb action movie so I told him I was going to go downstairs and watch something else but he pulled me onto his lap to cuddle instead.

After awhile he started getting touchy / feely. Fine. Then he started getting gropey. I started to get irritated. I asked him to stop. I just wasn't in the mood to be touched and felt and groped. It went on for awhile and I didn't get angry or mad, but I did get irritated. I didn't say anything mean or hurtful, though.

I'm not good at being patient, which I know why this little dare was put in here. A lot of people are not patient. For the parts of the day that we saw each other, I think, for the most part, I had patience with my Honey.

3 comments:

  1. I struggle with patience too, especially if I am tired or cranky. I have to work on it daily and I often have setbacks (i.e., I lose it).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm there with you. I also have found that the older I get the more patient I am. So don't expect perfection in the patient department right away. But you did great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. dude this sounds like a really good idea. im gonna try it. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete